The Giga Jul is particularly light and simultaneously robust and abrasion-resistant. This is made possible by a smart hybrid construction of aluminium and steel. The main body of the Giga Jul is made from particularly light aluminium. Parts which are at risk of wear (for example the friction channels) are made from robust stainless steel.
By moving the green slider, the Giga Jul is instantly transformed from an assisted braking tuber to a standard tuber.
In recent years, the use of assisted braking tubers has dominated sport and alpine climbing. Its advanced safety reserves, which result from its assisted braking when arresting a fall, make the use of this type of device especially advisable. For this reason, the Alpine Associations of Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DAV, ÖAV, SAC) recommend the use of assisted braking tubers.
Nevertheless, there are applications (particularly in alpine climbing) where the use of standard tubers is still advantageous. Especially when secured from a fixed point (belay station), their highly dynamic braking performance may be preferred. Abseiling and belaying the second with a doubled rope is markedly more comfortable with a standard tuber.
- Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
- Suitable for 7.1 - 10.0 mm double and twin ropes
- Intelligent hybrid design: body made of ultra-light aluminium, areas susceptible to abrasion made of robust stainless steel
- Guide mode: simple and rapid abseiling and bringing up seconds plus comfortable belaying from a belay station as a doubled rope
- Assisted braking guide mode: brake boost for catching falls in leader mode
- Rope can be paid out faster in assisted braking guide mode by holding the device in the “open” position with the thumb
Rope Diameters: 7.1–10 mm
Certification: EN 15151-2
Weight: 121 g
Contact us within 30 days of receiving your goods to request a refund or exchange.
All packaging or products must be in their original, re-sellable condition.
Outlet sales are final and can only be returned for exchange. Items found faulty or under warranty will be replaced or refunded.
For safety reasons, K2 cannot accept returns on climbing equipment, socks, and underwear unless faulty.