The ONE PLANET Goondie 1 Mesh Inner is sold separately from the Goondie 1 Fly to allow you to build the ideal tent for all of your adventures.
The Goondie 1 Mesh is designed for the solo hiker who wants a secure shelter with a stable cross-pole structure. This tent gives excellent ventilation while maintaining comfort and practicality, and has enviable interior height so you can sit up with a coffee, read or get dressed. There is a single door for entry, with a side vestibule for storing a stove or boots. The high-sided bathtub floor leads the industry in durability and water fastness, combined with short nylon side walls to prevent wind from blowing directly into your face while you’re resting. The micromesh allows exceptional airflow: perfect for the hottest climates or tropical nights.
For harsher, four-season conditions, we recommend having a look at the ONE PLANET Goondie 1 Nylon Inner.
- Dome structure fits in even the smallest camp site while maximising usable space
- The tapered rectangular shape saves weight by eliminating obsolete space. (Set up with the foot end pointing into the prevailing wind for improved aerodynamic performance.)
- The generous interior gives enough room to sit up – ideal!
- Spacious vestibule easily stores a large-capacity bushwalking rucksack, ideal in inclement poor weather
- Small storage hatch is accessible by reaching under the fly or through the half-moon door in the inner
- DAC poles in a crossover design give an architecturally solid structure to ensure reliability in high winds and rough weather
- DAC technical features to create a secure, reliable hold that’s quick to set up and pack down. (A DAC Ball Cap™ connects the inner and ridge pole, connected to the DAC SQ Ring™ sewn inside the fly.)
- The ridge pole is designed to overhang the bathtub floor, creating a protective alcove to stops drips from rolling off the fly into the tent
- DAC’s 9-millimetre diameter poles are stronger than most while finding the sweet spot that balances weight, durability and strength
- We’ve eliminated troublesome structural pole hubs to make a fundamentally stronger tent with easy set up and awesome reliability in the field
- DAC twist-clip component allows quick and easy attachment of inners to poles without fiddly pole sleeves. The clips are extremely tough and durable thanks to their flat shape and moulded construction, and can be clipped on or off with one hand
- All ONE PLANET flies are seam sealed with tape in the factory so you don’t have to do it. The fabric has a sil/PU coating and a high water head, giving you protection in all condition
- The micromesh used in the Mesh inner provides maximum ventilation and protection from creepy crawlies
- Short nylon walls on the inner give wind protection while lying down and resting up
- The thick, robust and highly waterproof floor Is coated with polyether urethane (PeU): it doesn’t wet out and is extremely resistant to mould, mildew and hydrolysis
- The single-piece floor doesn’t have a mid-seam, removing a major water access point and improving durability
- Colour-coded webbing used on the fly and inner encourages quick and efficient set up in any conditions. (The grey webbing on the inner matches the grey webbing at the head of the fly, while the footer is black.)
- Ventilation vents have steep access to allow air flow but not wind-driven rain
- When you roll up the fly door a gutter is formed, naturally catching and channelling rain away from the tent entrance
- Internal loops allow you to hang a clothes line or mesh loft from the ceiling.
- Guy lines and lightweight adjusters are simple and effective, with reflective rope and storage pockets to keep things neat and tidy
- Fly and inner bagged separately for easy packing in your rucksack or sharing between pals
Capacity: one person
Vestibules: 1.5 (one entrance and one storage hatch)
Wall material: micromesh and 15 D nylon skirt with DWR
Floor material: 70 D PeU-coated nylon with 10,000 mm water head
Floor configuration: single piece, tapered rectangular shape
Pitch versatility: yes (fly and inner, inner only, fly and footprint, inner and footprint)
Poles: DAC Featherlite 9 mm
Attachments between inner, pole and fly: DAC Twist-Clip, Ball Cap and SQ Ring
Pockets: Four pockets in side walls – two head, two foot, one torch pocket in the ceiling
Mesh loft compatible: yes
Zips: #5 YKK dual slider
Pegs: 10 V style pegs
Collapsed pole length: 460 mm
Instructions & Downloads
Contact us within 30 days of receiving your goods to request a refund or exchange.
All packaging or products must be in their original, re-sellable condition.
Outlet sales are final and can only be returned for exchange. Items found faulty or under warranty will be replaced or refunded.
For safety reasons, K2 cannot accept returns on climbing equipment, socks, and underwear unless faulty.