The Black Ice 45 is a minimalist and featherweight roll-top backpack that meets the high demands of modern alpinism. It is the perfect companion for mountain touring, be it on rock, snow, or ice.
The high-quality, waterproof rip-stop Nylon shields against moisture with a water column of 10,000 mm. Two carefully positioned daisy chains on the outside provide attachment points for equipment. The white inner coating made of a TPU film laminate provides a good overview of the contents. A weatherproof, front-zippered pocket provides rapid access to smaller items like maps and a compass.
The simple, yet purposefully padded back system provides a close-to-body fit and direct load transfer. The wide, removable hip belt makes the Black Ice comfortable to carry even with heavier loads.
Ice tool attachment
- Thread ice axe loop through the "head hole" of the modern ice tool
- Attach a carabiner to the ice axe loop in order to secure the ice tool. If necessary, the (non-extendable) loop can be shortened (with a knot) to secure the ice tool closer to the pack
Single compartment pack
- Slim shape puts the centre of gravity close to the body for superior load control
- Ideal load distribution at all times even when partially full
Diagonal ski carry option
- Length adjustable daisy chain base web loop acts as a lower ski loop
- The top compression strap doubles as the top ski attachment loop
- Carry skis in A-frame mode with the addition of Exped accessory straps (not included)
- Carabiners not included
Removable waist strap
- Dual adjust waist strap buckle, in an aluminum/plastic material mix, is extremely robust and crush resistant
Dimensions: 69 x 32 x 25 cm
Min. weight: M - 660g; L - 675g
Max. weight: M - 820g; L - 850g
Back length: M - 48-52 cm; L - 53-57 cm
Hipbelt size: 32-150 cm
Load limit: 15 kg
Colour inside: White
400 D ripstop nylon
TPU film laminate
10,000 mm water column
Pack suspension: Removable PE foam board
Contact us within 30 days of receiving your goods to request a refund or exchange if products are eligible (see: Return Policy).
All packaging or products must be in their original, re-sellable condition.
Outlet sales are final and can only be returned for exchange. Items found faulty or under warranty will be replaced or refunded.
Some special condition products are labelled as No Refund & Exchange Products. Sale of these items are final and are not eligible for neither refunds nor exchanges.
For safety reasons, K2 cannot accept returns on climbing equipment, socks, underwear and some other products unless faulty.
Please check out our refund policy if you need more information.