We’ve made some subtle, but important changes from the original Spectre. For example it has a safer, deeper ‘rope basket’ – that being the techy term for the crook of the biner in which the rope sits during a fall.
We’ve also tweaked the design so it works better with modern skinny Dyneema. This means that the quickdraw tape sits in a neat and correctly aligned position.
Oh, one final thing, we should mention that the Spectre 2 is only 32g – that’ll be 3g lighter than the original Spectre. After all, every little bit counts in the weight saving game.
Top tip: It is important to always clip protection, be it a bolt, a peg or whatever with the same end of the quickdraw. On our quickdraws we’ve synched the rope clipping biner in a stable/captive position with the sling stitching and a rubber biner loop. We’ve also colour coded the biners (Silver: bolt, peg etc, Grey: rope) just to make sure you get it right in that moment of extremis.
- Classic all round wire gate biner
- Lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle back shape
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Modified nose profile to protect the gate
- Available as the Spectre 2 Colourpack, which includes 5 different colours
- Available as an 11mm dyneema quickdraw in 12cm, 18cm or 25cm lengths
- Also available as a Spectre 2/Shadow 11mm dyneema quickdraw in 12cm or 18cm lengths
|closed gate 24kN||open gate 9kN||minor axis 8kN||gate opening 25mm|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.