We’ve made some subtle, but important changes from the original Spectre. For example it has a safer, deeper ‘rope basket’ – that being the techy term for the crook of the biner in which the rope sits during a fall.
We’ve also tweaked the design so it works better with modern skinny Dyneema. This means that the quickdraw tape sits in a neat and correctly aligned position.
Oh, one final thing, we should mention that the Spectre 2 is only 32g – that’ll be 3g lighter than the original Spectre. After all, every little bit counts in the weight saving game.
Top tip: It is important to always clip protection, be it a bolt, a peg or whatever with the same end of the quickdraw. On our quickdraws we’ve synched the rope clipping biner in a stable/captive position with the sling stitching and a rubber biner loop. We’ve also colour coded the biners (Silver: bolt, peg etc, Grey: rope) just to make sure you get it right in that moment of extremis.
- Classic all round wire gate biner
- Lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle back shape
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Modified nose profile to protect the gate
- Available as the Spectre 2 Colourpack, which includes 5 different colours
- Available as an 11mm dyneema quickdraw in 12cm, 18cm or 25cm lengths
- Also available as a Spectre 2/Shadow 11mm dyneema quickdraw in 12cm or 18cm lengths
|closed gate 24kN||open gate 9kN||minor axis 8kN||gate opening 25mm|
Contact us within 30 days of receiving your goods to request a refund or exchange.
All packaging or products must be in their original, re-sellable condition.
Outlet sales are final and can only be returned for exchange. Items found faulty or under warranty will be replaced or refunded.
For safety reasons, K2 cannot accept returns on climbing equipment, socks, and underwear unless faulty.