*This product is Bulky and will apply a shipping fee at checkout
Technical backpacking and travel elements combine to create a pack that's ideal for long-haul trips and extensive time on the trail. The Farpoint Trek 75 not only gets your belongings safely to Colombia, it keeps you comfortable when you're traipsing through the coconut palm-lined foothills of Tayrona National Park. A large front-panel opening makes simple work out of packing layers, camera equipment, toiletries and hiking boots-don't forget to share your intended route with your guesthouse! Adjustable suspension fits a variety of torso sizes and supreme ventilation regulates your trekking temperature. A dedicated compartment holds a bladder, and hipbelt pockets keep your phone and snacks within reach so you can hydrate, nourish and photograph the surrounding coastal mountain range without taking off your pack. Deploy the waterproof AirCover to shield your belongings when the weather turns wet or to protect your bag when it's checked in for your global flight.
BACKPACKING MEETS TRAVEL
Backpack-style carry keeps your load stable on your back while travel-specific features make it easy to stay organized.
An AirPorter and a raincover in one—the AirCover protects your pack both when you check it in and when the skies open up.
Tensioned mesh backpanel keeps the weight off the back, enabling highly ventilated carrying comfort.
Daylite attachment loops on the front panel of the pack come in handy when you need to bring an additional pack.
- Stowable AirCover protects checked packs and doubles as a raincover
- Large front panel access for easy packing
- Dual internal compression straps with fabric wings keep clothes neat
- Zippered lower compartment access with removable divider
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Multi-function sleeve carries a hydration reservoir or tablet/laptop in padded case
- Upper side and front panel compression straps stabilize loads
- Small zippered top pocket stores smaller items
- Zippered hipbelt pockets
- Padded tubular side grab handle
- Durable stretch-woven side pockets
- Daylite® attachment loops / external attachment points
- Vertical front panel quick-zip pocket
- 4 mm LightWire peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hipbelt
- 3D-tensioned breathable mesh backpanel with side ventilation
- Soft edgeless padded mesh harness with 4+” of adjustability for a perfect fit
- Adjustable sternum strap with safety whistle
Having a comfortable pack can be a make or break for your trip. No matter if you're carrying 18kg on a multi-day expedition, or just an extra layer and lunch on a short hill day. Fitting your pack properly takes a little time. But we promise it'll be time well spent.
In this guide, we'll look at how to measure your back length and how to fit your pack.
How to measure your back length
You'll need a tape measure and a friend to help you out with this.
- Place your hands on your hips and tilt your head forwards.
- Ask your friend to measure from the bony bit at the back of your neck (the C7 vertebrae) to where your hands sit on your hips.
- This measurement will give you an idea of which back length to choose.
Fitting your pack in 6 steps
- Loosen all the straps.
- Add a little weight into the pack. 3-4 kilos will do it.
- Put the backpack on your shoulders and do up the hip belt. This should sit over your hip bone.
- Check that the pack is sitting well over your shoulders. It should follow the contour of your upper back. If the hip belt is sitting above your hip or pulling down your shoulders, you'll need to lengthen the back. If it is below your hips or really loose over your shoulders, then shorten the back length.
- Once you're happy with the back length, whilst wearing the pack, tighten the shoulder harness so it is just tight enough. If you grab the straps and pull down and back, your hands should not usually pass your waist.
- Make sure the sternum (chest) strap is in the right place for you and clip together. This should only be 'finger-tight'.
And you're good to go.
It's also a good idea to go through these steps every so often to make sure your pack still fits you well.
If you have any questions our pack fitting experts are always here to help
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.