When there are days between drops and miles between camps, stay strong and push on with the Manaslu 65:80, a robust and versatile backpacking and trekking pack in the classic size, designed to carry large loads in comfort. With capacity and features to support days, weeks or months travelling, the Manaslu is the perfect partner for any adventure.
Ideal for mid-length trips, the Manaslu 65:80 is made with durable yet lightweight mini ripstop fabric, with a hard-wearing Nylon base. Internal and side compression straps provide a stable carry, while forward pull hip belt adjustment ensures a comfortable fit, however long you’re on the move. When you need extra kit, an extendable lid increases the volume by an extra 15 litres.
Organise and access your gear with front and lower entry, zipped divider panel, front stash pocket, and large stretch mesh side pockets. TipGripper walking pole attachments and HeadLocker axe attachment system store kit securely, while zipped hip belt pockets keep essentials within reach. The Manaslu 65:80 is a versatile pack you can rely on to carry your gear securely and comfortably, however large your load.
Internal compresion strap
Internal lid security pocket with key clip
Secure TipGripper walking pole attachments
Forward pull hipbelt adjustment
Side compression straps
500D Nylon hard wearing base
Sternum strap with whistle
Front grab handle
M-L 2.35kg / 5lb 3oz - L-XL 2.45 / 5lb 6oz
Zipped hipbelt pockets
Daisy chain lash points
65lt +15lt / 3965+915cu.in
80 x 36 x 45cm
HeadLocker axe attachment system
Web loop compression strap for fastening poles and axes securely
Extendable lid to increase volume by 15 litres
Zipped front entry for easy access
Lower entry with zipped divider panel
Front stash pocket
Large stretch mesh side pockets
External zipped lid pocket
|Manaslu 65:80||Size: 65-L||Size: 65|
|Back Length||21-25" / 53-63cm||19-23" / 48-58cm|
|Dimensions||80 x 36 x 45cm||80 x 36 x 45cm|
|Volume||65lt +15lt / 3965+915cu.in||65lt +15lt / 3965+915cu.in|
|Weight||2.45 / 5lb 6oz||2.35kg / 5lb 3oz|
Having a comfortable pack can be a make or break for your trip. No matter if you're carrying 18kg on a multi-day expedition, or just an extra layer and lunch on a short hill day. Fitting your pack properly takes a little time. But we promise it'll be time well spent.
In this guide, we'll look at how to measure your back length and how to fit your pack.
How to measure your back length
You'll need a tape measure and a friend to help you out with this.
- Place your hands on your hips and tilt your head forwards.
- Ask your friend to measure from the bony bit at the back of your neck (the C7 vertebrae) to where your hands sit on your hips.
- This measurement will give you an idea of which back length to choose.
Fitting your pack in 6 steps
- Loosen all the straps.
- Add a little weight into the pack. 3-4 kilos will do it.
- Put the backpack on your shoulders and do up the hip belt. This should sit over your hip bone.
- Check that the pack is sitting well over your shoulders. It should follow the contour of your upper back. If the hip belt is sitting above your hip or pulling down your shoulders, you'll need to lengthen the back. If it is below your hips or really loose over your shoulders, then shorten the back length.
- Once you're happy with the back length, whilst wearing the pack, tighten the shoulder harness so it is just tight enough. If you grab the straps and pull down and back, your hands should not usually pass your waist.
- Make sure the sternum (chest) strap is in the right place for you and clip together. This should only be 'finger-tight'.
And you're good to go.
It's also a good idea to go through these steps every so often to make sure your pack still fits you well.
If you have any questions our pack fitting experts are always here to help
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.