*This product is Bulky and will apply a shipping fee at checkout
Whether you’re wild camping or traversing high altitude trails, the Diran ND60:70 is the ideal women’s trekking backpack. Packed with features, the Diran provides a comfortable and stable carry whatever terrain you encounter.
The Diran ND60:70 features the V-TRAX™ carry system with adjustable back length and forward pull hip belt, so it’s easy to adjust for the perfect fit. An extendable lid increases the volume by an extra 10 litres and large bellows side pockets create additional storage.
Access the contents of the ND60:70 easily, with top, front and base entry, ideal for self-sufficient or multi-day trips when you have to pack and re-pack gear often. Essentials stay close to hand with hip belt pockets, while a secure internal lid zipped pocket keeps valuables safely stashed. With a front grab handle, so it’s easy to load into a minibus or check-in for a flight, the Diran ND60:70 is ideal for backpacking, travel and trekking holidays.
- Front grab handle
- Hipbelt pockets
- 2.12kg / 4lb 10.7oz
- Ice axe loop
- Hydration compatible
- 60+10lt / 3660+610cu.in
- 78 x 37 x 39cm
- Adjustable back-length with easy to use hook and loop backsystem
- Key clip
- Large zipped front panel allowing easy access to contents of pack
- Extendable lid to increase volume by an extra 10 litres
- Lash points to allow additional external carry
- Stretch water bottle side pockets
- Bellows side pockets for additional storage
- Sternum strap with whistle
- SOS panel
- Side compression straps
- Secure TipGripper walking pole attachments
- Secure internal lid zipped pocket
- Rain cover
- Lower side compression can be routed inside or outside bottle pocket
- Lower entry with zipped divider panel
- Forward pull hipbelt adjustment
Having a comfortable pack can be a make or break for your trip. No matter if you're carrying 18kg on a multi-day expedition, or just an extra layer and lunch on a short hill day. Fitting your pack properly takes a little time. But we promise it'll be time well spent.
In this guide, we'll look at how to measure your back length and how to fit your pack.
How to measure your back length
You'll need a tape measure and a friend to help you out with this.
- Place your hands on your hips and tilt your head forwards.
- Ask your friend to measure from the bony bit at the back of your neck (the C7 vertebrae) to where your hands sit on your hips.
- This measurement will give you an idea of which back length to choose.
Fitting your pack in 6 steps
- Loosen all the straps.
- Add a little weight into the pack. 3-4 kilos will do it.
- Put the backpack on your shoulders and do up the hip belt. This should sit over your hip bone.
- Check that the pack is sitting well over your shoulders. It should follow the contour of your upper back. If the hip belt is sitting above your hip or pulling down your shoulders, you'll need to lengthen the back. If it is below your hips or really loose over your shoulders, then shorten the back length.
- Once you're happy with the back length, whilst wearing the pack, tighten the shoulder harness so it is just tight enough. If you grab the straps and pull down and back, your hands should not usually pass your waist.
- Make sure the sternum (chest) strap is in the right place for you and clip together. This should only be 'finger-tight'.
And you're good to go.
It's also a good idea to go through these steps every so often to make sure your pack still fits you well.
If you have any questions our pack fitting experts are always here to help