*This product is Bulky and will apply a shipping fee at checkout
The Atmos™ AG 50 is the best-fitting, most ventilated and comfortable pack ever made for traditional backpacking trips lasting a weekend or more. The innovative AntiGravity suspension makes it feel like you're carrying less weight and seamlessly wraps around your body, which means you'll enjoy every mile more than ever. From easy to use stretch mesh side pockets, Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment, and FlapJacket for lidless use, the Atmos™ AG 50 is still the top contender. Backed by our All Mighty Guarantee, forever.
Our Anti-Gravity suspension features a continuous backpanel of lightweight mesh extending from the top of the backpanel to the hipbelt to provide unmatched comfort and ventilation. The seamless structure automatically contours to the body, providing outstanding fit and unrestricted movement.
A removable floating lid can be replaced with a fixed FlapJacket to protect your gear and minimize weight.
An adjustable stretch mesh front panel pocket provides additional external storage and organizational options. Dual zippered front panel pockets* allow additional internal storage and organizational options. *65L only
- Anti-Gravity suspension - feels like you are carrying less weight than is in your pack
- Removable floating top lid with dual zippered pockets and web attachment points
- Integrated FlapJacket protects gear when top lid is removed
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment allows you to stow your poles in steep terrain or whenever you need your hands free
- Adjustable harness and Fit-on-the-Fly hipbelt to dial in perfect fit
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve accommodates up to a 3L reservoir
- Front stretch mesh pocket stores rain gear for easy access when skies darken, or wet gear after the downpour stops
- Dual access stretch mesh side pockets for storing water bottles and other gear with InsideOut side compression straps
- Dual upper and lower side compression straps stabilize loads and maintain a streamlined profile
- Zippered hipbelt pockets keep snacks and smaller items close at hand
- Lower zippered sleeping bag compartment with removable divider
- Dual ice tool loops
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Sternum strap with integrated safety whistle
Having a comfortable pack can be a make or break for your trip. No matter if you're carrying 18kg on a multi-day expedition, or just an extra layer and lunch on a short hill day. Fitting your pack properly takes a little time. But we promise it'll be time well spent.
In this guide, we'll look at how to measure your back length and how to fit your pack.
How to measure your back length
You'll need a tape measure and a friend to help you out with this.
- Place your hands on your hips and tilt your head forwards.
- Ask your friend to measure from the bony bit at the back of your neck (the C7 vertebrae) to where your hands sit on your hips.
- This measurement will give you an idea of which back length to choose.
Fitting your pack in 6 steps
- Loosen all the straps.
- Add a little weight into the pack. 3-4 kilos will do it.
- Put the backpack on your shoulders and do up the hip belt. This should sit over your hip bone.
- Check that the pack is sitting well over your shoulders. It should follow the contour of your upper back. If the hip belt is sitting above your hip or pulling down your shoulders, you'll need to lengthen the back. If it is below your hips or really loose over your shoulders, then shorten the back length.
- Once you're happy with the back length, whilst wearing the pack, tighten the shoulder harness so it is just tight enough. If you grab the straps and pull down and back, your hands should not usually pass your waist.
- Make sure the sternum (chest) strap is in the right place for you and clip together. This should only be 'finger-tight'.
And you're good to go.
It's also a good idea to go through these steps every so often to make sure your pack still fits you well.
If you have any questions our pack fitting experts are always here to help
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.